Step 3: GROW MORE
Strategic Planning Services -
The Success Planning™ Model
Strategic planning is Capacity-Building 101. Yet 53% of nonprofits don't have one. FOR SHAME!
Without a strategic plan, it's tough to raise the money you need. Add the Success Planning model to your SMART Way experience.
Success Planning™, developed by Dr. Rebecca Staton-Reinstein and customized by us for nonprofits, makes the process fast and affordable. Create effective ways to set performance expectations, manage to desired outcomes, and hold people accountable. Some high points:
- The One-Page Strategic Plan: why build an encyclopedia, when one page will do? Only a few goals and objectives for the organization per year – more is too tough to follow.
- Managing On The Top Page: the Board holds the CEO accountable for high-level results, the CEO holds department executives accountable for departmental results; departmental executives hold their teams accountable for team results, and so on. Every organizational level has its own "Top Page," and they all roll up to the Toppest of the Top.
- Everything Is Measurable: you can’t manage it if you can’t measure it.
- The Plan’s The Boss: If it’s not on the plan, don’t do it - or at least make a great business case to add it to the plan. Avoid running down rat-holes, no matter how “urgent” t
- hey may seem.
- Simplified Meeting Agendas: Check progress against plan. That's it. Leave room to discuss big strategic issues.
Dr. Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Senior Strategic Planning Expert. She and Ellen Bristol have co-authored Success Planning for Nonprofits: Evidence-Based Strategic Planning, scheduled for publication early 2018.