Services for Board DevelopmentYour nonprofit is only as good as its governing board, so you must recruit the right people, with the right skills, talents and connections, and give them right training, orientation and information to govern effectively.
Great board development requires skills in several levels:
- Building the board: recruiting the right people, and providing effective orientation to them.
- Using mutually agreed-upon principles and ethics.
- Setting direction for the organization.
- Understanding and participating appropriately in development efforts.
- Maintaining accountability over operations and finance.
Easy to say, but not so easy to do. Your nonprofit organization needs to invest in the development of its board, and its board members, with as much dedication and investment as you do for your executives, professional staff and clinical team.
BSG services for board development include:
- The Board's Role in Fundraising©. Download our popular article on the board's role in fundraising - it's not what you think it is! A version of this article was published in YOU and Your Nonprofit Board, available from Amazon.com.
- Board Skills & Talents Matrix. A mechanism for ensuring that the governing board contains an appropriate mix of talents, skills, networks of connections, representation of special-interest groups, and so forth. Some of our nonprofit clients have even created Board Recruitment Scorecards, based on Fundraising the SMART Way™.
- Strategic Planning Services. Strategic planning retreats and plan-implementation projects, based on our state-of-the-art methods for instituting effective long-term planning processes.